Share this project
Siemens Foundation PATH Ingenuity Fellowships
(2017 Program information will be available in December 2016)
A global health opportunity for science, technology, engineering, and math students
Launched in 2016, the Siemens Foundation has partnered with PATH, a leading global health organization launch the Siemens Foundation PATH Ingenuity Fellowship Program. The program engages science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) students in innovative, hands-on assignments that serve society by accelerating high-impact, low-cost solutions to some of the world’s most pressing health needs. Based in PATH’s Seattle, Washington, office, fellows are provided a meaningful research and laboratory experience and exposed to career opportunities in global health.
David Etzwiler, CEO, Siemens Foundation and Michael Reitermann, COO, Siemens Healthcare discuss why the PATH partnership with Siemens is so important.
Advance Your Career
Siemens in conjunction with PATH is seeking a cohort of six undergraduate and graduate students to join this competitive program. At the conclusion of the assignment, the cohort will visit the Siemens Laboratory Diagnostics Inc. facility in Tarrytown, New York, to present and showcase their projects.
- Three-month, full-time (40 hours/week) assignment, June through August 2016.
- Housing: $1,400/month; $4,200 total per fellow.
- Stipend: $3,000/month; $9,000 total per fellow.
- All-expense-paid trip to Tarrytown, New York.
- Desirable degrees include biomedical engineering, biochemistry, biomedical technology, biological sciences, biotechnology, and mathematical modeling.
Candidates may apply for one or more of the following (see four-digit code online for details):
- Development of a Quality Indicator for Dried Blood Spot Specimens (7179).
- Diagnostics for Malaria Elimination Toward Eradication III: Infection-Detection Test Development Initiative and Biomarkers for Malaria Elimination (7180) and (7198).
- New Diagnostics May Impact Health-Seeking Behaviors: What is the Evidence? (7181)
- Soil-Transmitted Helminthiasis Diagnostic Product Development (7182) and (7199).
PATH is a leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms — vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.